Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hawaii

Here is some pictures of our Hawaii trip we went on for our Anniversary. It was Heavenly! We stayed on Maui, but because we had a hard time getting a flight home (love those buddy passes!) we also got to visit Kauai and honolulu. I know everyone felt bad for us being stuck in Hawaii but we really did try every night starting on Friday night, to get out! We ended up paying for a flight home, ouch! Im not including a lot of pictures of me because apparently the weather in Hawaii does not make me look pretty! How is that possible that you can be in paradise and not look stunning? They do in the movies. Oh well...
We saw Whales everyday! They were everywhere. It was amazing to watch them jump out of the water with their huge bodies! 

This is where they filmed the opening scene from "Jurassic Park" This is Ken being a dinosaur.
We would just lay on the beach and read and walk. Ahh I could so live here!!!
This is the "7 sacred pools". It was breath taking! 

I went swimming here because there were no fish although it was very cold! I hate fish! Next time I will bring my full body wetsuit so I wont feel fish swimming by me. Poor Ken!
Here is some pictures from our drive to Hana and then we just kept driving around the island back to where we started. This was probably the scariest drive I have ever been on, small barely one car roads and you were on the edge of the mountain with a straight drop to the ocean and you just kept climbing straight up! But after you pass Hana it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! We felt like we were in a movie. It reminded Ken of Scotland. We had the convertible top down, music, a sunset, and heaven!! 






We took this picture for the kids! They love to see us kiss! LOL!

Here is our little Island hopper we had to take to get to the other islands. I was nervous at first but it was smooth so I was ok.
View from our little plane.
This is Kauai. We were only here a night and day se we did not see too much, but loved the food! The only bad part about going on a trip alone is that there is no one to take pictures of you, so you try to take your own and look end up looking goofy and very large!

The seal came ashore to sunbath. There were two just sleeping on the beach. They roped it off so no one would go near them cause I guess they can be mean.
This is our hotel we stayed in.....sweet!!
This was our last day and we were in Honolulu to catch our flight home and I was thinking that the only thing I had not seen was a rainbow and lo and behold.........This made my trip perfect!

3 comments:

Julie V. said...

Next time you go to Hawaii, please tell me in advance so I can go too. I'm sure being stuck in Hawaii is such a bummer. waahh waah waah!
I love the sunset picture. (not the one where you are making out with Ken)

Maryanne said...

When we were told at choir that you and Ken were "stuck" in Hawaii, we all sat and wept bitterly for your unfortunate situation.

That's actually not quite true.

And I LOVE the make-out pic! *tee hee*

Glad you made it home, finally, and that you didn't encounter any earthquakes this time!

Kelly said...

Great pictures, Lynette! I totally agree with you about the road to Hana being the scariest ever! Been there, done that! I'm so glad you and Ken got to have this vacation together!