While all our friends and family were here for New years we headed up to Brighton to hit the slopes on New Years Eve. My brother Steve took the older kids who went snowboarding. They went on the "big" hill and had fun.



Sweet, patient Ken took the rest of us who had not skied or snowboarded before. Breanna and I tried skiing and the rest tried snowboarding. I will say it is definatly an advantage to be young. I knew the minute I attempted to get off the ski lift and landed on my butt and the ski lift workers were trying to get me up and were struggling until one came up and put his arms under mine and with a load "umph" noise he made, he lifted me up. No, this was NOT funny!
Ken took us to the practice hill and taught us how to snowplow and try to stop. Everyone caught on except for me and Alexa.
Shania was a natural! She was going down the explorer hill without falling down once. We think it is because she rides Ben's rip stick all over the place. She loved it!
Breanna did amazing and had a lot of fun! She skied and I admired her and how good she was.
Here is Braden and Benjamin. They were fun to watch. They went down the hill a lot! Ben is daring and only got hurt once. He went off a jump and landed flat on his back. I was watching from far away and when he did not get up I started to get worried. Braden got to him and he finally got up. It took his breath away and he was sore the next day.
It was a fun day and all the kids wanted to go again the next day. I on the other hand will go and take pictures and drink hot chocolate in the lodge.
1 comment:
I had a skiing accident when I was 16 and completely messed up my knee. I've only gone skiing once since then and it totally freaked me out! I wish I was brave enough to try it again, but I think I'm ruined for life. Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment