Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I was talking to my sister-in-law Rachel and she told me a neat idea that they were doing and so I decided we would try it too. We took lanterns with candles in them and went outside. Each person had to think of one thing they could do this coming year that would help invite Christ into our home. Once they thought of it, we lit their candle and we put them on the steps leading up to our front door, lighting the way for Christ to come in. I really enjoyed it and we spoke about all the things we do to invite Santa into our home (cookies and milk, our stockings, writing him letters). Why not do the same for Christ, after all it is His birthday we celebrate! Notice Jessica's beautiful outfit! Nice socks!
Here is Shania spreading Reindeer food on our lawn so the reindeer will want to land here.

Here are the kids in their new pajama's. 

3 comments:

Janet said...

did i miss the toe blog?

Julie V. said...

Aw so cute! The jammies look great too.

me and the boys said...

I love that idea for Christmas with the candles!! And I love that you tied it into the fact that we do so much to invite Santa, why not Christ. I'm going to steal that idea this next Christmas!! Thanks for sharing :)