Saturday, September 26, 2009

Washington DC

Family trip part 1. We started our family vacation in Washington DC. This is Ford Theatre and the home where Abraham Lincoln died.

Here we are in front of the FBI building. Breanna wants to be a spy and so we were so excited for her, but she was mad at Alexa and so this is her "teenage upset" look. I laughed so hard when I saw the picture!
This is where the Declaration of Independence is and a lot of other historical documents that made America what it is today. I only pray that it will stay this way. I hope that all our congressmen and women and President of the United States gets out and takes a tour and so they remember what this country is founded on!
This is the security guard in the museum. Now I am tall, but look at him! He is huge!! He was so nice to let us take his picture!
Here we are at the White House. Nothing much was happening so the kids wanted to go play on a statue that was in an adjacent park. So I took them and Ken stayed to take pictures and all these security guns with guns came out followed by Michelle Obama and her daughters. Yes, I missed it!

The kids loved the Museum of Natural History. So many cool things to see and experiments to do. We also loved the Museum of American History, The Vietnam War Memorial, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, Roosevelt Memorials, ect. We saw just about anything you could see there. We went to the Holocaust Museum, Air and Space Museum, Washington Monument (which by the way is not for those who are afraid of heights!!). We had a great time there and could not believe how much walking you have to do. We ended at Arlington Cemetary and I was amazed at how strong you can feel a spiritual feeling through out Washington. God really did establish this beautiful country and His spirit is there just waiting for someone to stop and feel it. Oh if we could have politicians that take time to stop and feel and listen.




Here is Ben, Alexa and Shania touching the Moon rock!




No comments: