Monday, August 10, 2009

Herriman Beach

Jessica and her friend had discovered Herriman beach awhile ago and kept telling the kids they should go. I just kept saying no because I did not know where it was. Well Monday the kids came home and started asking to go to the beach and for some reason I was like "ok lets go!" Jessica had tried to describe where it was, but I just thought I would go look up the address. It was not online so I called the city and they gave me the exact address. I wrote it down and we headed off. It is pretty hard to find, but we found it. It was so fun! The kids loved it and they had sand to build castles and a mermaid (compliments of Breanna). The water was cold but they got used to it. Unfortunately while we were there a young man went under the water and did not come back up. He was 22 yrs. old. I helped as much as I could, I spoke to 911 as they did not speak english. I alerted men to go out and look, I gathered life jackets for the police. I did what I could but unfortunately search and rescue found him about 2 hours later. I came home shaking and I just cried and cried. My heart goes out to that family and friends. They were in shock and so sad! I am trying to figure out why we were there at that exact moment. Why?!!
It happened in a split second. I saw his head above water and then it was gone. The water was so murky that you could not see 10 inches in front of you. His brother and friends tried so hard to find him and then they had to swim back in and just wait. I hugged my kids extra tight! Life is so fragile. Hopefully someday Heavenly Father will let me know why we were there.







1 comment:

Julie V. said...

I love the beach pictures, but am so sad about the story. It's one of those moments in life you will never forget.