Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun! Mikaela loves to mow the lawn and this time Ellie went with her. She rested her head on Mikaela's knee and had a great time!

On Saturday we had a fun girls card making/scrapbooking day. Cheryl and her daughter in law Elise came with her mom and sister. Then Stephanie and her husband, Stephan stopped by. Kimberly joined us after her lunch. It was great! Elise's mom is amazing and we made the cutest card! Douglas got home from hunting so he stopped by to see us, ok I know it was only to see his wife Elise! 

Memorial Day was a quiet fun family day! We had nummy food with Grandma Christine and then played a great game of kick ball. Then Breanna and Alexa gave our Family Home Evening. It was about Faith and the story of the Brother of Jared. We started out having to build our own boats out of lego's and then followed a rope that led through the house and down stairs. We then had to each tell about a time in our life when we had faith. 
Then she had these stones taped onto some Christmas lights (I know its hard to see in the picture). She then turned the lights on and Alexa talked about having faith. I wonder if Breanna's brain ever slows down? She is so creative!
I buzzed Ben's hair and every time he asks for a mohawk. I did give him a faux hawk one time but Ken did not approve. So I agreed to buzz it like this and take a picture. He thinks it is so cool! I then buzzed it all off. 
So today the kids all went back to school and I am mentally getting ready for summer. I am not crying the minute I think of everyone home for summer anymore so I feel like I am almost ready! Years ago when I had 6 kids under the age of 9 I never thought I would say it was so much easier when they were all little. Do you really survive teenagers?

No comments: