Monday, October 13, 2008

The Living Aquarium

Today we went to the Living Aquarium. We got a family pass in Feb. so we can go as many times as we want to. The kids love it and I admit I really love it too! Today I found it even better because of the lesson we had yesterday in Young Women's. Analee Mickelson gave a lesson on Knowledge with an emphasis on scriptural knowledge. She handed out a bag with a scripture and a thought for everyday. Today's was Moses 6:63. "And behold, all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of me, both things which are temporal, and things which are spiritual; things which are in the heavens above, and things which are on the earth, and things which are under the earth, both above and beneath; all things bear record of me." Then she asked us to look for two things that bear record  or point to Christ. Well that wasn't hard at all where we were today. All you have to do is look at all the  amazing, seemingly impossible creations and you know that God and Christ are real! This did not happen just by chance. Amazing!! 
My other thought was all the trouble that has occurred in our markets. Even something that was created from people making bad choices can point towards Christ. I have found myself more in prayer then I have in a long time. I have turned to my Savior for comfort, peace, and guidance. So I suppose everything can and does point to Christ depending on how we choose to look at it.










2 comments:

Kelly said...

That looks great!

Julie V. said...

nice to see the beauty in all God's creatures